Cover Your Head Knitalong

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Believe It or Not, a Hat

Although I've been busy doing other things, I have been knitting hats! I have one finished, one almost done, and one just started. Here's the finished one. The pattern was just made up as I went along, with a little help from Ann Budd. The Fair Isle pattern is from 1000 Great Knitting Motifs. (Fun book, BTW.)

The yarn is just some Plymouth Encore worsted and Wool-Ease from my stash. It turned out a little small for my guys. I prefer to think of it not as a mistake, but rather a hat-shaped swatch! The just-started hat is a bigger version of this. When I clean up my charts and get the bigger size done, I'll post the how-to's!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I LOVE it! It's a very cheerful hat.

2:54 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, gawsh, Laura, it's beautiful!!!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments!! And thanks Amanda for getting rid of the spam! LOL!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

That is simply gorgeous! *sigh* I love Norwegian snowflakes.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Ooo, so pretty! I'm off to look at that book on Amazon.com!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home