Cover Your Head Knitalong

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Hat-Tastic!

Hi all, I'm Zee. It was so cool to read Laura's blog today and see that she'd set up this hat-knitting circle, because I just yesterday started a hat for a friend of mine. Because I cannot seem to make up patterns for the life of me, I spent a couple hours online looking for a suitable pattern. Unfortunatley, I didn't really find one I was excited about and, of course, it was too late to go to the LYS (and I was sick to boot) so I just started knitting this to give me something to do with my hands:



It's a basic K2,P1 knit in the round. Pattern is here. The blue is just three rows of Green Mountain Spinnery in Lapis (13% silk, 54% wool, 33% mohair) that I had lying around from a sweater I knit for my grandmother last year. I haven't a clue what the cream-colored yarn is; it too is something lying around from a previous project. However what I do know is that it is NOT the same weight as the Green Mountain and I'm having to double it up to get the right gauge.

The doubling up is not so bad, really, but the pattern is a bit of snore.... I think I'll head to my LYS tomorrow - if I can get away from work for a bit - to find some more suitable yarn and a really fun pattern. I'm thinking I may experiment with a fair isle - I haven't knitted anything fair isle ever and a hat might be just the thing to get me going! :)

Happy knitting, everyone! Looking forward to seeing what everyone makes up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for joining! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

The pattern looks like it will be tres snuggly when it's done.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home