Cover Your Head Knitalong

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Welcome!

You know you should wear a hat when it's cold. Your mother always told you to do it. Doctors will tell you to do it. FEMA tells you to do it. Even local governments will encourage you to do it!

Furthermore, the holidays are coming. You need gifts and people need hats!

So join us over the fall and winter to knit hats. Use any pattern you like, or make one up. This is a no-rules, low-pressure, Socktoberfest-style KAL. Just send me an email at knitterlaura at yahoo dot com or leave a comment if you'd like to join. I'll send you a blogger invite to join the blog, so you can share your hat-knitting with us.

Also, we need buttons! If you can create a button, pass it along to me and I will post it here for sharing. Thanks!

10 Comments:

Blogger cmeknit said...

I'm in. I wanted to start some for christmas gifts this week...there are at least 3 on my list...maybe 5 more than that too...yeah, eight...sure I can do eight for christmas!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Well, awright! This will be my very first knitalong! I am super-duper excited. Don't know what I'll knit yet, but I've fancied Marnie Maclean's patterns for quite a while now, so I may pick one of those. (BTW, sugar, can you fix the link in the post about the Coronet? I think that http is in there twice, and is producing an error message.)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I'd like to join! I've just started a plain old watch cap for my boyfriend (which is pretty dull knitting, but he wants a red hat just like the ones in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou). After that I'm going to make a fun multicolored hat for his daughter's birthday, which is Nov. 21. And then there's Christmas gifts...

so please sign me up!

4:05 PM  
Blogger LindseyO said...

Hi Laura, I'm not sure what a 'knitalong' is or how you play but I'd love to give it a try. I just started a hat for a friend out of some left-over yarns and I'm kinda winging it for now, so would love to see what everyone else comes up with!
~Zee
zee@rathnait.net

4:51 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Okay, Laura, I'm in! I've got five or more hats to make (two more to donate, two for the boys, and at least one for me) in the next month or two. I'd love to hat-along with the rest of you. :)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

i'd like to be added!

9:44 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

i'd like to join in - planning a hat for dh as well as many for my babies. THANKS!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would lve to join! I have lots of hats to make before christmas!

11:48 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Hi
Is it too late to join in?

10:58 PM  
Blogger Sharmane said...

I want to join but I'm at work and my company limits our email access so here is my information...

Blogger name: Sharmanizzle
Blogger Blog: Knitting with a Vengeance

Real Name: Sharmane =)

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home