Cover Your Head Knitalong

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Egads! I scared the cat!

Actually, we both look a little crazed, no?

It's my version of the Bobble-Edged Hat. (I told you my bobbles come out more like blumples.)

In spite of the clear resemblance to a bathing cap or knitted toilet paper cozy* or retro lampshade, I really like this hat.

It was fun to knit, and I think I'll do it again, perhaps in the Patons SWS Geranium colorway (or whatever that pinky-green one is). I'll make it just a tad smaller for my little pea head (I'm thinking about fulling this one a bit). I might leave off the bobbles, although they're kinda growing on me. (No, not literally.)


Hats are a necessity in Alaska... It's currently -42 F at my house. But I hate wearing them because I have such thin, fine hair that I always end up with a horrid case of hat-head. This hat, tho, is structured just enough and fits loosely and lightly enough that it doesn't mash my hair down too much.

[Thanks again to my wonderful ISE3 scarf pal, Pennie, for knitting the scarf and dyeing the yarn for it and the hat.]

*The photo above shows the hat drying on a coffee can. It looks a little more normal flattened, but it's definitely a bit daffy on me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne K. said...

The bobbles look terrific and so does the rest of the hat! The bobbles give it a lot of SASS!!! nice job!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I really love that hat! And the colors are great...(right up my alley!)
Kitty looks like he wants DOWN - NOW!
(((hugs)))

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home