Cover Your Head Knitalong

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Okay, I give up.


He's worse than a young'un. I've begged, pleaded, cajoled and chased DH with the camera to try to get a decent photo of the Patons SWS hat and scarf. Finally cornered him, and this is my reward: a blurry, less-than-happy-looking shot. He swears he's delighted with the knitting; he just hates standing still for a pic.


The colors aren't true in the photo. This is the Earthtones colorway, and it really has more greens and browns in it, although the greys and pinkish beige tones are definitely there. I enjoyed knitting with the SWS and highly recommend it for softness, but only if you don't mind fuzziness. I'm thinking felted something-or-other for my next foray with this yarn.

In the meantime, I've decided to knit the Bobble-Edged Hat for myself using the beautiful jewel-toned wool yarn dyed by my ISE3 pal to match the scarf she knit me.

One problem. I forgot that I hate making bobbles. Am I the only knitter whose bobbles come out more like blumps? I cast on with my DPNs, hated it, frogged it, cast on again, knit past the bobbles and then realized that somehow I was knitting the hat inside out (sheesh), frogged it... And now three's the charm. I'm still not thrilled with my Blumples, but I'm liking how the rest of the hat is shaping up. Should finish in the next couple of days, I hope...

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I like the SWS hat. The Bobble Hat is on my to-do list, but I was actually wondering if I could skip the bobbles. Ha! We'll see. I look forward to seeing yours, blumps and all.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

That picture really conveys the look of a photo-dodger... glad he likes the knitting more than getting his picture taken. The colors are very "manly".

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home