Cover Your Head Knitalong

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New to the KAL

Hello everyone! My name is Hannah. I am a social work student in Boston and an avid (perhaps obsessive) knitter. I just discovered this KAL and thought it timely as I am about to embark on designing and publishing a book of winter accessory patterns. Here is my first charted pattern (that I wrote) and my first FO of 2007.
This one is my own pattern - Song in My Head. The picture is dark so you can't see the beautiful varigations in color, but it's the only picture I have on this computer right now. It is being blocked on a ballon - I need to order some head blockers I think....
As soon as I test knit the pattern once more, the pattern will be available for purchase.












Pattern: my own
Yarn: SWTC Karaoke - 1 skein of Ocean, 1 skein of Black Sheep
Needles: US size 7
Modifications: None since I wrote the pattern as I knit the hat :)

And this is my first FO of 2007 - Fake Isle, a free pattern from Magknits. I love the colors and hope the recipient will love them too!










Pattern: Fake Isle from magknits.com
Yarn: 1 skein SWTC Karaoke in Epiphany, 1 skein Nashua superwash worsted in light blue
Needles: US size 7
Modifications: I went up a needles size since I didn't have a size 6 with me and I wanted to start. I knit the S/M on the larger needles and it fits me perfectly and hopefully will fit the recipient as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin Summerlin said...

I want to do this one (the Fake Isle) soon. I really love the way the colors turned out in yours.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home