Cover Your Head Knitalong

Friday, November 18, 2005

Hats hats and more hats

Hello everyone! I'm new here. My name is Jenifer and I live in Colorado.

When I read about this knitalong on the Knitting Glastaig' blog, I of course had to join ... because I've been knitting a slew of hats lately. I'm detailing them separately on my blog, but here they all are:



First of all, two earflap hats made from handpainted yarn.com (but bought off eBay from their store Serendipity in South America), from Kristin Nicholas' Knitting for Baby. I made the larger one larger by adding about 8 stitches for an extra two inches.


Next up, the Hatmione. I couldn't resist making this, with the new Harry Potter coming out. I knit it using about a skein and a half (150 yds or so) of Classic Elite Inca Alpaca, and on slightly larger needles than the pattern called for so it'd be a roomy hat (8's instead of 7's).


After that, a Santa Hat from the book Handknit Holidays (love that book!). In the smallest size, and we'll be gifting it to a little friend at an upcoming birthday party. Knit in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride in red and three strands of white, which worked well as a substitute for the bulky yarn called for.


Last for today ... the Cupcake Hat, again in stash Lamb's Pride. This was *so cute* and I'll be making another one for the same little friend's birthday coming up. I sort of want to do the frosting in one of those fuzzy new yarns ... we'll see.

Have fun hat-alonging! I love seeing all of your projects!

3 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

look at you go...what great hats! i especially love the earflap hats - may have to make some myself!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

So cute! The cupcake hat looks yummy!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Love the hats, Jenifer! Yummy and stylish (esp. the cute Hermione).

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home