Cover Your Head Knitalong

Thursday, November 17, 2005

3rd time is the charm

seems like just yesterday i frogged this bad boy...

it's *finally* complete and i do think dh will be happy with the ribbed-but-with-a-cuff-because-no-way-am-i-busting-the-enrique-eglesias-look hat. should keep him warm on the way to work and the noro kureyon was a way to sneak in a little color without freaking him out. some men are so set in their ways.

just one thing... i'd like to maybe make it a little smaller - any suggestions? washing/soaking it? i do NOT want to felt it, just tighten it up a bit. ADVICE PLEASE!?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

It looks great! I wish I could give you some advice about making it smaller, but I have none. I'll be curious to see if anyone else has ideas, though.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sami said...

A lot of my hats come out a bit too big (or they come out perfect, but somehow end up a bit too big after I wear them a few times).

I just cut a piece of the hat yarn to fit around my head, weave it through the bottom of the hat, put the hat on and tie the yarn shut (on the inside of the hat, of course) and weave in the loose ends.

If you're not as lazy as I am, you could use a piece of elastic - that would probably turn out even better.

The hat is beautiful, by the way.

- Savida

2:14 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

that's a great idea! i may wait until christmas to measure it on his head, though. can you imagine if i snuck up on him while he was sleeping with a piece of yarn to wrap around his head...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home