Cover Your Head Knitalong

Monday, November 14, 2005

Almost a hat

Newcomer here. Just joined the KAL.

I started a hat last night... it was going to be "the blackout hat" ('cuz we had no power). I had very bulky yarn (Blue Sky Alpaca) but only size 15 circs, but cast on anyway. Not enough yarn. I would have been able to get the whole thing done during the blackout if I'd had bigger needles or 2 skeins of yarn. I either frog the whole thing and start on bigger needles (which I'll have to buy) or just buy another skein of yarn. It's very pretty though and will be quite warm.

I like projects with stories behind them! This was going to be not only my "blackout hat," but the "I fell down the stairs during the blackout and was stuck in bed so I knit this hat by candlelight" hat. It will just have to have another story, since I'm not about to recreate THAT evening.

Melissa

1 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Ha,ha,ha! What a great (but ouchy) story! :)

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home