Cover Your Head Knitalong

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Finally, A Hat


I finished hat numero uno. Hats are so satisfying because they are fast. I started this Tri Corner Baby Hat yesterday and today it's finished. Now I have to knit 4 more. I'm planning to knit this hat for each of my two nieces and three nephews. I adjusted the pattern to fit a two-year-old. I'm guessing that the average two-year-old has about a 19 inch head. If anyone has a two-year-old and can verify this, I'd appreciate it. I used Tahki Bunny Print. It's nice because it's wooly without being itchy. I made a hat for myself with the same yarn, so I'm sure that this is the case.

2 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

The hat turned out so cute! Takhi Bunny Print is such a great yarn, too. As far as the sizing goes, my almost 2 & 1/2 year old has a 19.5 inch noggin, so I think the hat will probably fit just fine. *The hat says it's sized for a newborn at 16", but I made one and it fit my kid last year at 1&1/2 years (the average head circumference for a newborn is more like 12-13--I had to look it up when I knew my gauge was right, but the hat seemed way too big!). And it stretches enough that he can still wear it! It's a great pattern, though. :)

8:18 AM  
Blogger jen said...

I think a two year old is around an 18" size, three years old 19" four/five and up is 20". Just my guess from my kids. http://jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home