Cover Your Head Knitalong

Monday, November 14, 2005

Dad Hat Done!

Hooray! The hat for my dad (and my second hat ever) is done! This was also the first time I tried two-handed fair isle (which was great, and I will never go back) or fair isle with more than two colors. If I were to do it again, I would have picked a different color for the stripe that would have contrasted more with the light blue pattern, but it was what I had on hand, and I do like it quite a bit as is. It's just... um... subtle.

The most important advance from my first hat, though, is that this one actually fits. Now I can move on with my life to, well, more hats that fit, with more colors?



The fair isle pattern is from 1000 Great Knitting Motifs, which is great for inspiration.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

It's beautiful! Congrats!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

I love your Fair Isle. Your choice of colors is very attractive.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love the hat too! I have yet to figure out this two-handed fair isle thing. I'm working on a fair isle hat right now, though, so I will give it another shot!

8:24 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Such nice fair isle--and for your second hat, too!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home