Cover Your Head Knitalong

Friday, November 18, 2005

Gryffindor Beanie and Noa 3-in-1

I'm Manda from Knitting in Limbo. I had a full skein of Nature Spun left over from my Gryffindor scarf, so I quickly knocked up a matching London Beanie to wear to the film today.

Gryffindor London Beanie

I love this pattern. It's quick (even for a slow knitter like me), fits me perfectly, and doesn't take much yarn. I think I may even have enough yarn left for mittens. Perhaps for the next film's release...

Here's what I'm working on now: Knitty's Noa 3-in-1 in Artful Yarns' Candy, a fun cotton/elastic blend. I'm finally past the miles of mind-numbing K1P1. The rest is just straight stockinette. If nothing else, at least this pattern helped my continental ribbing speed!

WIP - Knitty Noa 3-in-1

This is to be a Christmas gift for Mom. I'm not sure just how warm the cotton will be, but she has very sensitive skin (no wool, etc.) so my choices were limited.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Your hat looks great! Have fun at the movie--I've heard it's the best one yet.

6:32 AM  
Blogger jen said...

That london beanie was my first hat pattern! Love it.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home