Cover Your Head Knitalong

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Dessert anyone?




Not on my Christmas to do list, but certainly should have been, was a cute hat and mitten set for our favorite toddler, Isabella. I made the cupcake hat, which I know you have seen; It is so darn cute, I had to give it a whirl. I changed the pattern somewhat: using my Lamb’s Pride stash for the cake and frosting, and some leftover fantasy yarn made for some sprinkles. The original pattern calls for a red “cherry” on top, but I opted for a knotted-eye-cord of frosting. The mittens will soon follow and will be modeled after the hat--how cute will Isabella be?

3 Comments:

Blogger Noey D. said...

How cute!

8:28 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Very cute. I like the topknot even better than a pompom. :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger jen said...

I love your version! It just occurred to me that it'd be cute to do a little checked fair isle pattern with a cc yarn for the sprinkles. I love the knotted top, as I'm not a very good pompom maker, and I think that you could still switch to red for the knotted top if you wanted. I see yet another one up my sleeves ...

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home