Cover Your Head Knitalong

Thursday, March 16, 2006

My First Hat Trick


Long time no post. I've been waiting to save a very special hat for my first hat trick. I knit Shedir for my friend Tracy.

Shedir was knitted with Rowan Calmer in the color Joy on size 3, 16 inch circs and size 3 bamboo dps. I started the cast on during the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympics for the Knitting Olympics. I finished on February 21, 2006. Shedir was a joy to knit.


While I'm posting I'll also share my recently completed Odessa, also knit with Rowan Calmer in the color Joy (I bought two balls for Shedir just in case and I'm glad I did.) and lilac glass, size 6 seed beads on size 4 and 6, 16 inch circs and size 6 dpns Started on February 26, 2006. Finished March 6, 2006. Odessa was my first experience knitting with beads.

I really enjoyed both patterns and loved knitting with the Calmer. Happy knitting everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow, those are beautiful! And congrats on the hat trick. :)
--Amanda

6:14 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks Amanda. :-)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also knit Shadir for the olympics. It was my first cabling project. I actually frogged it 5 times!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Sara it was a fun, yet challenging knit, all those little cables going every which way. It's great you kept going.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

Your Odessa is inspiring and I love Calmer…

Congratulations on the hat trick.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home