Cover Your Head Knitalong

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Two for the price of one


I finished these hats and just remembered that I hadn't shown them to y'all!

Pattern: We Call Them Pirates from Hello Yarn.

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, just over 1/2 skein each color.

Needles: Clover Bamboo Sz 3 DPNs

Mods: I didn't knit a lining.

Thoughts: Love, love, love this pattern! It was my first time doing any stranded knitting. There are some wonky tension spots, but they're not really visible when it's on my head. The only thing I really don't like are the loose stitches where I went from one needle to the next. I do tighten my stitches when I knit on DPNs, but I didn't want to pull too tightly on this due to the stranding. I know it would look better if I had used a circ, but I didn't want to go buy one. I'll live with it.

The Husband has already requested one for himself, and yarn has been ordered.


Pattern: Belle Cloche from Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar 2005.

Yarn: Leftover Brook Farms Fourplay (leftover from my Clapotis).

Needles: Sz 7 Clover Bamboo circ and DPNs

Mods: I left out a few rows on the brim as I was afraid I'd run out of yarn.

Thoughts: The brim on the pattern hat seems to stick out more than it does on my, but that could be resolved by blocking. I really like the pattern - it's a nice alternative to a snug cap. I love love love this yarn. I was in torment about trying this for this pattern, as the pattern calls for 100g of worsted weight yarn, and I had 69g left over. But I thought I'd try it, and the worst thing I'd have to do was frog. Amazingly enough, I still have some left over! I think this is a nice "spring" hat - however, I'm sure that it will never be in the cool range this spring to wear!

1 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

I had trouble seeing the pictures on the KAL, but when I clicked on them and went to Flickr, I could see them fine. What a great duo! The skull hat is really fun and I adore the colors in the cloche. I may have to search out a picture of your Clapotis, too! :)

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home