Cover Your Head Knitalong

Friday, February 10, 2006

So I thought I was done with hats

But I'm still waiting on the yarn for my Olympic knitting, so I grabbed the ball of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky I bought out of the half-off bin at a LYS, and, after refusing to use two different patterns, cast on for myself, with my own maths as help, a simple 2x2 ribbed hat.

And after two episodes of 24 and Lost, I cast off. I love it.

Pattern: Cast on 60 stitches, knit in 2x2 ribbbing until close to top of head. (about 8 inches from the bottom of the hat) Decrease round: K2tog, p2 around. K1 p2tog around. Knit 2 rounds in 1x1 ribbing. K2tog around. K2tog around. Draw yarn through remaining stitches and cinch up.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky color 16009
Needles: Clover Bamboo US 10.5 DPNs
Dates: Wednesday February 8
Thoughts: Seems to be a bit pilly, but so freaking soft! And just the right amount of snugness. I'm not sure where the pointy bit on top came from, but that's OK.
Finished just in time for it to get "cold" here - about 50. Brrrr. Not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home