Cover Your Head Knitalong

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Need Help

I am trying to knit Marnie MacLean's Halley's Comet and I am a little confused. I am a total newbie to reading charts first of all so that might explain my confusion.

It says to cast on eight stitches and distribute over four dpns. That I get. But in the chart it only shows one stitch. Should I be reading the chart as each stitch increases seperately or should I be reading the chart as it is charted for one needle. (I hope that isn't too confusing.) Because if the chart shows the way it should be worked for each needle it would be only four stitches cast on.

So I guess my question would be is each stitch worked seperate of itself? If someone gets that mighty confusing question I would love so help. TIA.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Julie, you repeat the chart 8 times, so each of your stitches will be one repeat of the chart.

susan

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home