Cover Your Head Knitalong

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Hat's on my mind...

Hi everyone, I'm Danielle, and this is my first post. So far I've knit 7 hats with one on the needles, and 6 more planned. The last six don't have to be done for awhile since they're mostly charity knitting.

Red HatBaby hat
prototypeall the hats

The red one was made out of Plymouth 'Baby Alpaca Grande' using my own pattern and now belongs to my uncle. The baby hat was made out some suberwash wool using April's pattern, and will be adorning the head of my yet to be born nephew. The blue one modeled by my hubby was made with Queensland Collection 'Uruguay Chunky' using the Skye pattern from Cathy Carron's book Hip Knit Hats. It was a test run of the pattern, and I found things that I needed to change for the ones that were going to family members. The last picture shows the updated versions of that pattern. The finished striped ones all use Classic Elite Yarns' Duchess; the one on the needles is using the Uruguay Chunky again. The solid grey one is made out of Brown Sheep's 'Lambs Pride Superwash' using a simple hat pattern by Nano Pants Dance.

It's been really neat getting to see everyones finished hats!

-Danielle

1 Comments:

Blogger Noey D. said...

Wow! You've been busy. Great job on all your hats!!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home