Cover Your Head Knitalong

Friday, December 16, 2005

A chameleon and a cupcake.

I don't think I've ever made so many hats before in my life.

This is a hat I made for my dad, for Christmas. More details are on my blog.



Here's a close-up view of the diagonal rib stitch:



And here is my try at the cupcake hat:



I knit it out of Caron Wintuk, figuring that acrylic was best for its washability, but dang! does this make one stiff fabric or what. There's gotta be other acrylic yarns with better drape.

I'll probably be signing off from this KAL for a while, so I just wanted to thank our fantastic hosts, Amanda and Laura, for all their work into making this a roaring success, and for their thoughtful comments on all of our projects!

2 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Such awesome hats! Oh, Olga, we are going to miss you so . . . :)
--Amanda
p.s. I think we're phone twins, now.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Noey D. said...

Good job on both hats! I like the pattern of the diagonal rib. I might have to try that one!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home