Cover Your Head Knitalong

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My Next Batch of Hats

I tend to think of hats in "batches" since every two months most of mine are donated to Caps for a Cure. So this is my latest batch.

The two purple hats on the left are made from Elann Esprit, a stretchy yarn that has lycra (copycat of Cascade Fixation.) The yarn does make great chemo caps.




My favorite hat this time around is the Stained Glass Hat, the fair isle hat on the right. It's made with Rowan Handknit Cotton for the background and Red Heart Soft Yarn for the color. It was a very fun knit. I made some major mistakes at the beginning, but look forward to making a better one later.

I suppose most hat knitting will stop for a while since warmer weather is approaching, I'll still be making a few hats every couple months and will check in when I get them done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin Summerlin said...

Lovely hats -- But what brought tears to my eyes is that you've already got irises blooming. The ground is still hard-frozen and covered with snow here, temps still dipping below zero at night. Boo hoo!

I really love the stained glass hat; should try that pattern myself.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home