Cover Your Head Knitalong

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Thanks For The Warm Welcome

Thank you so much for the gracious welcome! I love this blog and and I love the idea of a KAL that is devoted to hats. I love making hats, which makes it a natural, and I am becoming involved with the chemo cap project, and for a last good point, with hats you never suffer from second sock syndrome!! LOL

As you know I have two teenagers at home. One is almost 16 and the other is almost 15. My almost 15 year old is a son with autism - he is fairly profoundly affected, is nonverbal and has a severe seizure disorder along with mild Tourette's and auditory processing disorder. I was, with my late husband (I lost him in 2002) the Autism Guide at About.com and also worked with McGraw Hill Higher Education. I guess you could say writing is my profession and knitting is my passion. So I write about autism, knitting, crocheting, and a handful of other topics.

I currently own a women's blogging network (who is looking for writers incidentally so if you are interested, drop me an email), am working on professional blogging and other book length manuscripts.

I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself after that wonderful welcome. I am getting over a rotten cold! I just have felt miserable so I have been lying about doing the Camille imitation (cough, cough) and feeling sorry for myself. *wink*

I only plan on a couple of changes for the near future.

1. I want to include crocheters as they are hat fanatics too and I think we can learn from each other.
2. I want to include a bond to Caps For A Cure because many of us are very committed to that project. (Thanks Mandy!!)
3. I want to end the hiatus.

So without further ado, let's start doing The Hat Trick (which I know now to be three hats and has something to do with soccer) and get those hats going!!

Adelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home