Cover Your Head Knitalong

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Three hats for The Ships Project



After wrestling with the Tychus cap pattern, on Knitty, I modified it to a shorter style that I could knit on size 10s without making it oversized. It came out perfectly by casting on 31 stitches, then making the short rows over 14. I was really happy with the results, especially using the gray and red Simply Soft.

The one in the middle is my "mistake" cap with a seed stitch cuff. All three are bound for The Ships Project.

So, it's three hats that make a hat trick, right? Fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

What great hats (I love the Tychus pattern, too.) and a great cause! Congrats on the hat trick.
--Amanda

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! can I become a member, huh? Can I, Can I???? I have 4 hats at my house, so if I need to send some to become a member, I will need an address for the ship though.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way... here is my Knit Blog:
cinnamonpurls.blogspot.com

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home