Cover Your Head Knitalong

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Playing in the sand

Is it cheating that I knit this during the hiatus? I hope not but feel to kill it if it is.

It's the Marloes Sand Hat in Rhumba. It's maroon twisted with blue/pink/red ribbon and a thin black thread. Toasty warm, fits when hair is down but stretches when it is pinned up, and makes an impact. The cables are great to knit and look good. I couldn't bare knitting earflaps though.

Pattern: Marloes Sand Hat (Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine 40)
Yarn: Ribbon Twist in Rumba
Ya What: 8sts*11rows, 60m, 100g, 70% wool 25% acrylic 5% polyamide, Lot 11B5

For: Me
Why: Leftovers + new magazine + cables = new hat
Alterations: No earflaps, still not decided on bobbles. I’m not doing two but what do you think about one?

1 Comments:

Blogger Glaistig said...

Ooh, I was thinking about making a Marloes. Yours looks scrumptious! Great way to use up Rowan leftovers.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home