Cover Your Head Knitalong

Monday, January 02, 2006

It's about time . . .

that I finished my third hat and finally earned a Hat Trick!! This one took me a while, partially because it's so big and partially because it got set aside while I worked on holiday knitting.

Ever since I took up knitting earlier this year, my friend Dave has been begging me to make him "a hat like Ralphie's brother Randy wore at the Christmas Parade". So, without further ado, I give you the crazy hat for Dave (or the hat for Crazy Dave).



It's based on this pattern, but I modified it to knit in the round. The hat in the movie had a pom-pom, but I opted for the tassel instead. Dave didn't care what colors it was, so I used stash yarn left over from my second hat (Merino Style in Fog and Moss and Wool of the Andes in Cranberry - all from Knit Picks). For the full effect, you have to see it on. I wanted to give it to Dave on New Year's Eve and have him model it, but he didn't make it to the party. So Pea was happy to model for me!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I love it! Great use of stash yarns.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Noey D. said...

So cute!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home