Cover Your Head Knitalong

Friday, November 25, 2005

I can finally post!!!!

I joined this KAL early on. I've been reading each and every post. I didn't have the yarn I needed to start my own hats. Then when I had the yarn, I didn't have the needles I needed. Finally I have yarn, and I have needles, and I have my first ever hat all done!!! Woo hoo. (Excuse the small stuffed bear as my model. There were no baby heads near by.)
baby hat on a bear

Other people have posted this hat already, and I got inspired to knit it as my very first. It's the Umbilical Cord Hat from Stitch 'n Bitch. I knit mine in DB Baby Cashmerino, a very soft yarn that is very easy to knit with. It's also machine washable, which is a must for baby stuff. I double tied my "umbilical cord" to give it more of a knot look and less of a cord look. This is my first gift to my best friend's second child (who I am sure is a girl, but used yellow yarn just in case).

Up next, my first attempt at an adult hat, for my DH.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love that pattern! Quick, easy, and so so cute.

7:20 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Very, very nice! :)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Congrats on your first hat! Tres cute.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home