Cover Your Head Knitalong

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hat Trick

3 hats complete and another one well on its way.

These first two are Christmas presents for my cousins made in University of Texas colors. They are made in Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran. I had never used this yarn before, but I LOVE it! It feels nice - mostly wool so nice and warm and stretchy, but the silk in it just gives it a little extra sheen.

The last hat is Hatmione for one of my friends for Christmas. I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran - I think this may be my all time favorite yarn as it is just so buttery soft and the cables pop really well. I enjoyed knitting this one tremendously - a very well written pattern!

Thanks for sharing all of your great hats! Lots of good ideas for quick Christmas presents!

-Becky in Austin
www.BeckyandDaniel.com/knitting

3 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow, a hat trick all at once! Nice work--your cousins will love their custom hats and the Hatmione is fabulous!

9:53 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

p.s. Tassie is from Austin, too. Wonder if you gals know each other . . .? :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Isn't Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran GREAT? I made my bf a super soft scarf with it this fall, using the tweed in russet.

Your hats are terrific!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home