Cover Your Head Knitalong

Saturday, November 12, 2005

A Little Fair Isle Madness


I'm so excited about this one I had to post a scan even before it's finished. At this point, it's all done except for shaping the top with decreases. It's been a long time since I did any Fair Isle projects and I found it amazingly addictive. I did a simple practice hat with three colors last month and had minor puckering, but this time I think I avoided that problem. The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. These are the same colors I used for the polka dots on my felted polka dot bag (see the September archive in my blog).

It's for my boyfriend's five-year-old daughter's birthday. I hope to get some nice pics of her wearing it next weekend!


This second scan shows it with some extra orange stitches darned into the center of the design. I think it could use the extra bit of color there, but haven't decided for sure. I can always take them out.

5 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

That is so incredibly beautiful! What sweet colors. She's going to look like a doll in it! :)
--Amanda

11:29 AM  
Blogger jay said...

Wow, it's beautiful. Definitely inspires me to try a more-than-two-color-fair-isle project, but of course, that will necessitate buying more yarn... sigh. Well, we must all make sacrifices for art. :)

Oh, and I agree, the added orange is nice.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice- and yes, I like the extra orange

2:51 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow! Those colors are gorgeous! Can't wait to see it finished!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Noey D. said...

Oooohhh pretty! Love the colors!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home