Cover Your Head Knitalong

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Hat Trick Numero Trois!

Woo Hoo! TWO more finished hats! That makes *9* total! I can't believe it - and none of them are for me. :(

Here they are -

Felted hat for The Man:

Pattern - my own based on the Fisherman's Hat from the Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar.
Yarn - Knitpicks Wool of the Andes
Needles - Sz US 10.5 Brittany Bamboo DPNs
Mods/Thoughts - I followed The Man's stripe sequence, and knit until I thought it would be long enough. If I made it again I'd make it a bit longer, but I have no desire for a felted hat (just not the same snugness), that may be a while.
It's taking FOREVER to dry, and I hope he hasn't seen it hiding under the craft table.

Bunny hat:

This is a gift for one of my BFFs who is preggers.
Pattern - Target Kit
Yarn - Some cotton acrylic blend - in the kit
Needles - Plastic sz US 7 in the kit
Mods/Thoughts - I really don't like the way the ears look, if I made this again I'd use the Stitch 'n Bitch Nation pattern. It is seamed, and I think it'd be better in the round. But it is cute and washable. Also, they provided embroidery thread to do the face and it would have taken hours going over and over again to get a good "thickness" for the details. So I used stash black acrylic. They also gave no direction for "how" it should look, so I just used my imagination! I think it looks pretty cute.

More hats will be coming, hopefully one for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Holy hat knitting, Batman! A hat trick of hat tricks! :) Congrats--and mighty nice hats, I might add.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home