Cover Your Head Knitalong

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I can't believe it - a hat trick

Finished 2 hats today. One was a joy to knit, one sucked my soul right out my fingertips. (Okay, not really).
Camo Hat #1
Camo Hat #1

Red Heart ACKrylic. For one of DH's nephews. I have to make another one, and one of the hats (don't remember which) will have earflaps (I have to check w/ SIL again).

Pumkin Orange Hat
Pumkin Orange Hat

Mission Falls Superwash for BIL. Lovely, squishy wool. My first time using it, and just in time, 'cuz I guess it's not going to be around much longer. Really nice yarn. Recommended.

Both hats: Kim's Hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, with modifications for gauge and size, etc.


Melissa

3 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

I can't tell which one was the "soul-sucker"--they're both great! :) Congrats on the hat trick! I'll get that little hat up right away. :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

LOL. The camo acrylic was not fun to knit. But the result was the point. One more to go! I'm thinking that since hat #2 will be smaller, the color will pool better (see top of bigger hat - as the decreases were worked, I got more camo pattern).

Yeah! A hat!!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

I love camo yarn. Funky! The Last Minute orange hat is lovely too. Too bad Mission Falls is going (has gone?) out of business.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home