Cover Your Head Knitalong

Thursday, December 01, 2005

two down, six to go

I finished the Halley's Comet hat, all except for a little blocking and removing those stitch markers. This one is for me.


This is for my large noggined toddler [her head measures in at about 19.5 to 20 inches, and she's only 2 ] The yarn is some Dale of Norway's Ara, a thick and thin yarn that I bought shortly after teaching myself to knit late last December, and it wasn't till yesterday that I finally decided to use it. It was an experiment to see if I could knit a hat with two circulars --- the answer was yes :)

3 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

What great hats! The Halley's Comet is a beautiful color. Your daughter will love hers, too, I'm sure. I don't think your daughter's head is bigger than normal--my almost 2 & 1/2 year old's head is 20". I read somewhere that by the age of 2, their heads are almost the size they'll be as adults. I'm 21.5" Though, I guess when you're talking cranium, an inch and a half is quite a bit of growth for bone. And I had a c-section, so maybe I don't have the same appreciation for head size as some moms! :) LOL!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Yay on your 2 circs triumph! The lace hat is amazing and the Dale Ara hat looks very cozy.

4:33 PM  
Blogger deborah said...

Thanks to both of you. Actually, I'm wearing the lace hat as I type this, it's turned into my indoor head-warmer.

msubulldog - Aeryn has consistently been between the upper 90s and 100 percentile range for head size. The last two well child checks she was solidly 100th percentile and I can't buy her a typical one size fits all toddler hat, so it's a good thing I learned how to knit :)

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home