Cover Your Head Knitalong

Sunday, December 18, 2005

It really is a hat, honest!

My 6th hat! It actually started out life as the cuff of a Christmas stocking gone awry. But I thought it might make a good hat band, so I did the increases and followed the pattern from Gwen Steege's Knit Hats! book. When I cast off at midnight a few days ago, I was dismayed at how huge it was. Big enough to be a poinsettia cozy.

or a poinsettia cozy

But in fact, my DD appropriated it as her Christmas hat, especially since it's large enough that she can put candy in it, and still wear it on her head.

The stocking that mistook itself for a hat

more details on my blog

I'm still not done with hats! Next up, I'm hoping to try a moebius lotus hat, but most likely, not till after Christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

Very cute! I've always loved that stocking pattern.

4:52 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Such pretty colorwork!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home