Cover Your Head Knitalong

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

hat number three - tychus


My third hat finished since I joined the KAL. It's Tychus from knitty.com and it was meant for my father, but my husband decided it would be absolutely perfect for protecting his head during paintball. Have you made one of these yet? I used black wool-ease and gray caron's simply soft and this baby is thick. It could deflect bullets.

A note - I ended up wrapping the turns on the short rows, because I was getting holes when I turned. It was a personal preference, your mileage may vary :)

2 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

you're so right about wrapping the turns, i made it and ended up with eyelet-mania, which was not the plan. love this version you made!!

7:48 PM  
Blogger deborah said...

Thanks! I actually did the first wedge as written - no wrapping. The next wedge I wrapped the stitch at the end of each stripe on the first and second half of the wedge - yuck. The last three wedges on the first half of wedge I knit and turned without wrapping. The last half of wedge I knit, wrapped, and turned. That was the winning combo for me.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home