Cover Your Head Knitalong

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Two more hats makes three!


This week I finished my second Noro silk garden beanie. I like it as a hat, but I'm glad I decided to do this beanie-as-a-swatch thing because I now know I wouldn't want to use this colourway as a larger garment or scarf. As a hat, though, I like it fine.

I also did Knitty's Coronet, which I've been wanting to do for a while, in Stampato Extra, a beautiful Australian merino. The yarn is so soft, but it was kind of splitty, so I was relieved when it was done. I love the colourful flecks through the dark navy yarn, though, and it was easy to cable. I love this fast and fun hat - I am definately going to make it again!

As usual, the colours are a lot nicer live.

And here are my and my DS trying them on - in the usual strange posture of the knitter trying to take her self-portrait.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Woo-hoo! Hat trick! They look great, Sophie! Glad you were able to post.

8:30 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Really nice! They look so warm. Was your other beanie in the same colorway?

9:04 AM  
Blogger christine said...

Both hats are wonderful! I especially admire the Coronet - am going to have to put that one on my ever-enlarging "to do" list.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Sophie_vf said...

msubulldog - actually, the first beanie was leftovers from scarves. So, mostly #50, and a bit of #234. Hey, it's noro, so who can tell? :)

This one was I think #211 - too dark for a scarf, IMO.

The blue and green one I'm starting soon will be #203.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home